Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Future Echos Of A Current Blessing

Ah,To fall in love...to get married...what a wonderful thing it must be. Everybody wants to be loved. Everybody wants to love. Everybody wants a special somebody to share their life with. The Supertiph is waiting for her Paperbag-Headed Prince, the future Mrs The Frullet is out there someplace, our favourite Carl-O-Meister has got a beautiful young woman out there in the world for him and I...well, I too am awaiting the special somebody that God's got lined up and will show me to when He is ready. Ever heard of Grand Incredible? It's a side-project band by two of the guys from The OC Supertones. One of their songs is called "Right On Time", and it goes a little like this...

What’s her name? What’s she like?
Is she feeling like I do tonight?
Is she hurt but believing and praying that everything
Is gonna be alright?
Where’s she from? Does she sing?
Is she worried about anything?
Does she lie awake blinking and sighin’ and thinkin’
And wonderin’ when we’ll be finally meeting
Well don’t worry, don't worry

I am on my way, I’ll be right on time

Lord I’ll wait patiently for the woman that you have for me
I just need to keep workin’ to become the person I need to be
Be the man she deserves
Yeah I wanna be ready for her
A prayerful and thoughtful and hopeful romantic
With ears that can hear her a heart that’s gigantic
So tell her that, tell her that

I am on my way, I'll be right on time

Yeah and she better be, she better be ready for me
Cuz I’ve been saving up all of my love to give her only
For my girl yeah my bride
My tired heart will open wide,
I’ll give her my hand and we’ll both lead each other
And I’ll walk her home to the house of our Father,
So wait for me, wait for me

I am on my way, I'll be right on time


And there you have it. Like the guy in the song, my natural curiosity and longing for a lifetime partner prompts me to ask questions like the ones above. I want to know, it's true! But patience is the calling card, and lately I've come to value my singularity as the blessing it is. God wants me single for a purpose, so I'm going to be single for quite a while! When it's time for me, God will show me to her, and her to me. Till then I'm nobody's but God's. Single power! Oo-rah! I pray that she is feeling the same as me, and is placing a big "Reserved" sign on herself, waiting for when God puts her and I together.

I wonder if I know her yet?
I wonder what she's like?
I wonder when we'll meet, or if we already have, when we'll fall in love...
Part of the blessing is finding out!

Thank you Lord for the woman I will one day marry! Help me to be strong and pure and reserved for her. Be my all, my strength and my fortress while I wait. Teach me patience and integrity, and build me up to somebody worthy of being entrusted with one of your valuable children.Amen.

Signed, the one commonly known as Sean.

15 comments:

Lerchy said...

Amen brother True that all be a lot of insight from the great Mike Deane there and i with ya on that one day aye m8 one day so who wants nachoes!?

Ponyb said...

nachos?! do i ever! who needs girls when we got nachos bro?

SuperTiph said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SuperTiph said...

Does my femaleness exclude me from this nacho offer?

level 4

Ponyb said...

nah, no way. being our preceptor and definitely not a possible "girlfriend" means that you are most bodaciously able to enjoy a round of nachos with us.

z said...

Does everyone know the rules of nachos?!

you must eat only from the outside of the plate honouring the neuclus* then when it comes that all is left is the neuclus then a simple game of SPR* is in session till a winner is proclaimed, takeing the prize of the MOST delicious savory food on the planet!

*neuclus - the point in the center of a plate of nachos where the majority of the cheese is.

*SPR - sissors, paper, rock

I hope this helped.. now where are these nachos???!

SuperTiph said...

Harry, you obviously don't know the Tiph's Top Rules for making nachos:

1) Always cover all the chips with cheese.
2) The salsa should never be distributed evenly, and should always be covered in tonnes of cheese regardless, so you get bursts of salsa flavour throughout your dining experience.
3) Use obscene amounts of guacamole and sour cream in large mounds on the side of the serve in order for you to put the desired amount of each on top of each mouthful.

By following these rules, you too can experience the joy of a satisfying nacho experience and there is no SPR, since you all have your own plates anyway.

Level 4

Sara said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...I feel like nachos...and tacos.
And SPR. I love that game.

And in answerence to the ponyboys post, i agree. Especially cos my parents arent even keen about me dating at my age anyway so meh. Who needs dating when you can be single... WITH NACHOS!

Sara said...

By the way guys... notice that only singles have commented on this posts. Probably cos the un-singles are just jealous cos we get nachos and they dont.

Ponyb said...

i'll bet. a most excellent observation there sara! they don't know what kind of bodacious nachos theyre missing out on.

most triumphant!

Missus Upton said...

okay, thanks to sara and my insane minds, we now have a club by the name of "single and with nachos".

We wear either leather of pleather jackets, hippie headbands, ties and stripey socks.

so join us. if you dare.

SuperTiph said...

Sara may not be entirely correct. But we have the nachos anyway.

I figured I should maybe say something insightful, since this is a bit of an insightful post.

I guess the first rule of thumb to remember is, it's never too late until you're dead. I don't think I've ever worried that I'm too old to find someone, and with good reason. I still know of high school kids who are convinced they are doomed to be completely single because they're 16 and haven't kept a partner for more than a month. I guess it's just something I don't tie myself in knots about. It's so reassuring to know that it's not up to me to find him, it's all in God's hands, and all I have to do keep living and Mr Paperbag Prince will come along before I know it. In the meantime, I can do what I like and hang out with all my mates, both male and female and not have to worry about one specific relationship that takes up much time and energy. Until I find him, I'm just going to enjoy the ride and the nachos.

Level 4

Anonymous said...

can i join ur single with nachos club??

Ponyb said...

you sure can lise! it's open to all who...are single and love nachos! good to have you on board!

Frullet said...

sean i love it when u update ur blog i cant wait for teh next update i check back here heaps specialy when im bored at skool :D