Sunday, November 12, 2006

13 Years Of Service

It would appear that I have finished school.

Exams: done.
Formal: done.
Graduation: done.
13 years of service (I did prep in Melbourne): done.
Everything else: done.

Right now there is only one song that comes to mind. It's called "Doing Time", by ye olde MxPx. I feel a bit bummed doing another song-related post so soon after my last one (Only two posts! Wah!), but oh well. I'll just have to deal with it.

I remember times I had
Some were happy, some were sad
Memories me and my partners in crime
Throwing up a thousand times

I got through it, I feel fine
I went to school and did my time
In a sense I'm out, in a sense I'm free
To be what I wanna be

Fun was cartoons, Saturdays
Fun was staying up past eight
Lame was tring to fit in
Lame was the wrong crowd let me in

I got through it, I feel fine
I went to school and did my time
In a sense I'm out, in a sense I'm free
To be what I wanna be


You gotta stick together
With who you are and who you know
You gotta remember
Where you've been and where you wanna go

I never did homework after school
Did all the things I thought were cool
Went out every Friday night
I still do and I'm alright!

With the exception of throwing up a thousand times, and trying to fit in with the cool crowd (an awful lot anyway, I did try a bit I confess. Didn't we all at times?), I did all those things. If I was a super-nerd, I might say "w00t" or something. But I'm not, so instead, I'll just say formal and graduation photos to come, and God bless, ya little ratbags.

SEAN-O

3 comments:

SuperTiph said...

Doesn't really matter when I comment, you're at schoolies, you won't know until you get back.

Have fun!!!!!!!! (or else)

Level 4

Sara said...

Ya lucky bum... i still have two more years of torture. Sigh.

and mxpx eh? Remember days of jamming chick magnet in the byrne garage?
Then me always ending up fighting with rryan?
Then the days of figuring out what to call our band and "sepiatone" and "beyond the realm" getting rejected.
Then Rryan wanting george in a chicken suit as our mascot? Sigh. Good times, good times!

Sara said...

I make it seem like the good times are over! *shock*

Recites in homestars voice: "THE GOOD TIMES ARE OVER *cries*"