Monday, May 01, 2006

...Your Blood Covers Me


Gday there,
Just today i was listening to a favourite cd of mine, "Safe From Losing The Fight" by Kids In The Way. But thats not the point. I'd like to get down to the REAL point of this post on my jeke. There's this one song, "Scars That Save", right? Yeh, and well as i was dozing (re: doing homework), it really got me thinking and it possibly even caused a tear or two. Or maybe that was the mustard gas in the air. Anyways, it goes like this...

Over and over your blood covers me.
How many times will it take me to see.
I am so dangerous.
I am so irresponsible.
Here I am, broken again, but then you show me,
you're wearing the scars that save.
How can you see me, as something so lovely.
Cause it's killing me that you took the blame.
Over and over it falls back to me.
My knees hit the floor and it's easy to see.
I am so arrogant.
I feel so unforgivable.
This is my same old song.
The one where I do it all wrong.
And I will try (fight) with all that I am to get it right in the end.

Thats basically it, with the chorus repeating a few times here and there, and with a couple of instrumentals and blah blah blah, what every song needs. What really got to me were the words "How can you see me, as something so lovely/Cause it's killing me that you took the blame". How can Jesus really look at us and see worth? We're such a rotten, sinful race, but God in his mercy and grace still provides a way for us, a way that can never be closed by mans actions. "Over and over your blood covers me". The Lord's blood is always there, always atoning, covering us, soaking us clean from the sin of our lives and world, is that not beyond our comprehension? "Over and over it falls back to me/My knees hit the floor and it's easy to see/I am so arrogant/I feel so unforgivable", but yet God still forgives me. When my knees hit the floor, it is SO much easier for me to see my sin from down there, but i can always see the God of my life, looking down from heaven, calling me back with his arms open and outstretched. It all falls back to me, yes, but i hand my life back over to God, and he takes my all. And like the last line says, I'll keep trying to get my life right, and as long as i'm walking hand in hand with Jesus, letting him lead me, i'll be on the right track.
God bless,
Ponyb

6 comments:

SuperTiph said...

Since you're about the only person who ever reads my blog, I figured I'd return the favour. Plus if any dangers find there way here I will have to come and protect you so I'd better get myself known around these parts. Now that the mandatory ramble is out of the way, let's get down to business.

There's always one song, I think, that just makes you see so much about the Character of God. It points out stuff you always knew but never really realised, and stuff you never knew before.

For me that song was "Leaving 99" by Audio Adreneline, but not until I heard it live at Sonfest. I'd heard the song many times before and never understood it. But when Sonfest rolled around I was standing in a place I was not proud of, and had attitudes and ideas that needed adjustment, but I just didn't know how to find my way back to God. At the Audio A set I needed time alone. I managed to lose Lesley in the mosh pit and I copped out. I stood at the back of the mosh (that was at this point no longer moshing) and closed my eyes only to hear the words, "I'd leave 99/ leave them all behind/ to find you/ only for you". It wasn't until I heard it that time that I finally understood that the song was the parable of the lost sheep. The tears started falling and didn't stop, because God spoke those words into my very heart.

You see, I was a place so far from my beloved Saviour, and I didn't know how to find my way home. Jesus was telling me I didn't have to find my way home, He would come and get me. He'd leave the world behind to find me, to pick me up in His arms and assure me that He loved me. And since that moment when I came to this realisation, I have been quite a different person. My relationship with the Lord is not about what I have and can do - it's about what Jesus already did. He had nails pushed into his hands and feet and a crown of thorns embedded in His head, but all He could think of was me, and how much He wanted me to love Him. And now He calls me to love other people, which I am only capable of because He loved me first.

rhino said...

wow pony, this blog is off to a booming start.

tiph if you died, so many sites would be almost totally comment-less, lol

rhino said...

nobody reads my blog...but i never put on posts...i run one80ym, people post on that though! yay!

Ponyb said...

only one song, the supertiph? theres a lot. and not like in, umm, theres so many songs revealing his nature that each one is less important, but each one is special and has its own little revelation hidden in it. God teaches us things all the time...a lot of my learning about His character comes not only from the Bible, but from songs about Him and to Him.
true story. :P

Anonymous said...

I got bored so i decided to say hello HELLO

Anonymous said...

rock on tiph