Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Force Is Stringy With This One

So my tale begins with me walking in the door the other night, from where ever i was (church, work, One80, i forget) and smelling the mother-of-all good smells.

Steak.

Heading straight to the kitchen, my nose probing the air, i grabbed a knife, fork and some BBQ sauce. Sitting down to chow down, I thought to myself "Mmm, steak. Does food get better than this? I mean, sure, you can get all the expensive, fancy stuff, but as far as food goes, a good steak is at the top of the list alongside Milo and toasted sandwiches". And boy did I enjoy that steak. But then, I began to ponder..."if it weren't for sin, and the fall of man, I wouldnt be able to enjoy this steak, but if Adam and Eve didnt ever sin, there would be no need for us to even think about steak!"

This got me on the train of thought of good things can come about from bad. I know that having steak to eat as a result of sin isn't the best illustration, 'cause i'm sure we'd all ditch steak to get a shot at there never being any sin, but oh well. Its too late now. So anyway, onto better examples and explanations.

Number 1. Lessons. The best lesson learned is one learned through mistakes. If you learn how to do something textbook-perfectly, and you never get it wrong, sure, it feels good. But if you learn something, then try it out and stuff up, you learn where you went wrong, and can go about working on improving. It feels so much better, PLUS it gives you the insight needed to help others who may go through the same thing or a similar hardship as you in the learning curve. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, but the learning out of them is a true blessing.

Victory. I have one sentence for you in relation to victory. Its from a song called "Dictatorship vs. Democracy", by Staple, one of my favourite Christian rock acts: "Have you ever known how victory feels, unless you have felt defeat?"
Savvy? The only real sense of victory over anything (sin, life, an enemy), is knowing what it is like to be defeated by them.

But all this talking about steak makes me hungry. I'm off to go milo-ing. And yes, I know, this post wasnt political as promised. I had trouble finding all the data I needed. So until next week...Bye.

Pb.

12 comments:

SuperTiph said...

The only mistake you will ever make is not learning from the things you get wrong.

I love the way eLi says, "In life it takes a lotta manure to grow a beautiful rose bush." I look at all the manure I've waded through in my life, and I know that whether or not other people can see it, there's a bud just beginning to blossom.

I think there's part of his quote missing though. I don't exactly know how to add to the quote to get the full effect of what should be implied. The thing is somehow through all the pain we suffer we manage to learn ways to teach others that we love how to avoid unnecessary suffering. We also learn how to watch the ones we love suffer necessarily. We can't be bubblewrapped until we're 30 (unfortunately). We have to learn the hard way from time to time.
And sometimes that means simply crying alongside a hurting loved one. There's not always a lot else we can do.

z said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
z said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
z said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
z said...

this is soo true
as much as would like love to live without sin how would you know the feeling of victory without defeat,

well this camment didnt add much ut it didnt take anything away
so we break even

z said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
z said...

P.s ignore everything aout quad posting ill fix it when i get home, the stupid media computers are going LOCO!
stupid apples......
grrr cyah this after noon

Ponyb said...

harry, you are an odd one. i thought there must have been something wrong. i posted this a couple of hours ago, and 7 comments already? theres gotta be somethingup with that. and it turns out it was you!
:P

SuperTiph said...

You're not wrong when you say,"The force is stringy with this one." (kidding Harry, you rock!!)

Shadow said...

this post caught my attention, due to the suddenly large post count. now it has all been revieled. i cant comment on what you wrote, cause i havnt have time to read it yet. i shall post later if i remember

z said...

Woot i fixed it?
i dont know if its better with a bunch of comment deleted signs but hey some doesnt like ya sean XD
kidding cyah l8a

Anonymous said...

Nah id rather read he same comment written by harry 8 million times!!!!!
Of course its better with a bunch of comment deleted signs!!!