Friday, August 11, 2006

Honey! I'm Home!

G'day everybody!

I'm back from kiwi land, and most of you are all at school! Hahaha! I decided to update my jeke, because I've been update songed enough and I'm sure you're all ON EDGE!!! So, I can't keep a crowd waiting...here's an update for you all!

Ha! I bet I had you all fooled! I bet most of you were expecting for an update regarding my time away. But that will come later. For now, my topic is stress relief. I don't normally get very stressed. I guess I'm blessed to have the ability to stay pretty calm despite all the stuff piling up around me, I tend not to have the "demon of stress" come knocking at my door (just ask my Preceptor, she reckons that "even if the world was collapsing, I'd be alright", or something like that. Correction, please, The Supertiph?). Still, I do get a bit wound up sometimes, so here are the top 10 things that help me to calm down and loosen up (in no particular order). When I'm doing these things, it's like this world and all its problems vanish, and I'm in a world all my own...

1. Going to One80
2. Reading a good book, particularly the Bible (now that is a refreshing thing, I tell you what)
3. Having a deep conversation with close friends
4. Going to Planet Pizza with the boys and raiding the toy maching and elephant-noise-making gumball machine whilst waiting for what is the best pizza on Brisbane's southside
5. Going for a walk by myself to the park or to Cold Rock Ice Creamery
6. Making dumb videos with Ryan
7. Listening to music and singin' along (badly) with mates
8. Hanging with the Centenary Connection Girls (Kirsty, Sara, Lisa, Kat, etc)
9. Hanging with the boys (Ryan, Carl, George, Lerchy, etc)
10. Small group on Tuesday arvos at the Deane house; good food, good kids, good company, need I say more?

I guess my secret (???) behind my ability to "not sweat the small stuff", because that's what it all is really, it's not that big a deal, is knowing everything is going to be fine in the end. Whether that end is now, or in death, I do not know, but God knows. He has it all sorted, so I try to just lay it all down for Him, and I become somewhat peaceful about it.

That and just not worrying too much in general.

What do you think about stress? Do you think about stress? How do you cope? Do you cope?

Signed,
The now in his home nation again Ponyboy.

7 comments:

SuperTiph said...

Well (you're laughing, I know it), I get the first comment, as is so often the case. Good to know you made it home in one piece, and that they banned hand luggage before you smuggled back sheep.

The correct phrase is "Sean, I'm convinced that the world could be falling apart around you and you'd say, 'Things aren't doing too badly'."

The truth is I never used to cope with stress well, because I would let it build up, simply because it was easier. Now I just take time to sit and think about what is working me up so badly and what I can do about it. If there is nothing I can do about it, I just let it slide. That's way, way, way easier said than done.

Good to have you back mate. See you tonight.

Level 3

SuperTiph said...

By the way, I need to go to Pizza Planet before the depature date.

Ponyb said...

*Planet Pizza

SuperTiph said...

whatever!

Level 3

Ponyb said...

well, so much for updating. i get yammered at till my ears fall off, and the update song rings it's melodious tones through the air, but when the update comes, only the supertiph and amynta and george have the courtesy to justify their singing and yammering with a friendly comment.

(all the above said in a friendly tone)

Sara said...

Greetings the balloonfaced beekeeper.

I havent been here for a while. Maybe its cos YOU HAVNT UPDATED FOR A WHILE!
(all of the above said in a friendly tone.)

Anyway you know i get stressed and basically then i get grounded. Yep thats the circle of life.
Stress---> grounded---> Stress
And it ust keeps going on.

But going for a walk actually does help i agree.

hmmmm. The centenery connection girls eh? I like it.

Nachmanke (chris' teddy) said...

Planet Pizza? Where do they be? Dominoes I know, TJ's Pizza and Pasta down the road from the church I know, but Planet Pizza? I Have yet to experience that!