Wednesday, August 30, 2006

No Teabags?

Greetings,
How are you all today? Enjoying the fine rain? I am. I miss the sun, but hey, we need the rain so I'm not going to complain at all. Well, about that at least.

Wow. What a hectic week. Two assignments due on Friday (and no One80 to relieve me! Wah!), QCS next Tuesday and Wednesday and I still have to pay off $300 for my awesome schoolies week: something I am looking forward to a heck of a lot. Not to mention a sister (Sinead) getting a brain-scan on Friday, because she had concussion last week and has been suffering real bad headaches and the like since. She's been to the doctor, chiropractor and optometrist with the "all-clear" so far, but the GP recommended a brain scan just in case. I found out yesterday that there is no black tea left in the house: my dad is now only drinking green tea. Now, green tea is nice, but you can't have milk and sugar, so I'm going to ask mum if she could buy some black teabags for me. What else is un-fun lately? Oh, Christmas is getting closer, so work is starting to heat up: truck loads of toys at least three times a week, and often there's no place to put stuff. Speaking of which, I'm exploring the possibility of applying for a job at the Word bookstore for next year, God willing. I have a weird earache - it only occurs in my left ear, only sometimes, and it only hurts when I turn my head to the right on a slight upwards angle. Odd. Have I mentioned that despite the innumerable courses available in the 72 different tertiary education campuses listed in the 2007 edition of the QTAC guide, there is only one, that's right, one, course that ever-so-slightly interests me? It's the Bachelor Of Photography at Griffith University, Southbank Campus, and it looks very appealing to me. However, it has an OP cut-off of 7, so I doubt that will be within my grasp in regards to that. I have also been looking at Bachelor Of Ministry at Christian Heritage College, Mansfield. However, that's not in the QTAC, and despite my searching, I cannot find ANYWHERE how I would be able to get the HECS-HELP assistance to study it. I've been to the official QTAC site, Centrelink (I don't know how I got there), CHC homepage, Goingtouni.gov.au, and a couple of other places. No such luck. Sheesh, and the internet is supposed to make information available.

I found plenty of information on the French Foreign Legion, so maybe I should just join that. It ought to be a laugh. But to do that, I have to enlist in France, and One80 isn't based in France as far as I know. Speaking of which, I googled "One80 youth ministry" and it turns out there's another youth group with the same title in NSW (well, I'm gathering it is, because they talk about going to Blackstump in September). Looks pretty mad.

Anyway, this procrastinating isn't helping my legal studies report. Besides, God knows what he's got planned in relation to: rain, school work, my sister (please pray anyway), work and future employment, my weird earache, tertiary education or lack thereof, and One80 (whether it's in NSW or not). I'm assuming that the teabags isn't a huge priority for Him though: I mean, come on. It's teabags. God will open and close doors as He sees fit, and besides, I'm going ok right now, so what's to worry about? It'll all turn out honky-dory (excepting of course my teabag issue if mum won't buy anymore).

Oh, and I hope you like my photo. I took it in New Zealand. It's come courtyard thing near a park with a cool tree. Yes, I took it at 9:37am. I was wide awake, and at a park.

Ponus Boyus

12 comments:

SuperTiph said...

God likes tea. You might get your tea bags.

Maybe it's just me, but there are times that God's timetable is a little frustrating. And sometimes the stuff He makes you do is just plain sucky. But there's always a reason. And there's always something on the other side worth the pain to get there.

Level 3 (still)

Anonymous said...

and you thought i could babble Sean?

Sara said...

Like i always say keep your chin up duuuuuuuuude... well it seems like youve had a pretty busy week but what can i say? you ended it at THE BYRNES HOUSE! which pretty much makes it worthwhile. :)

But guess what? you know whats weird? I also google one80 and it came up with that melbourne site but whats weird is that they too have a thingy called "Tribal War"
Sound familiar?

Ponyb said...

sure doese Sarz. i found the resemblance uncanny at the least...crazy southerners.

crazy nathan riley.

Nachmanke (chris' teddy) said...

Earl Gray tea is the bestesterest! Chris' dad got him onto it and he thinks it's the bom jiggy.

Yeah, being really busy can suck... It makes it really hard to take time out for God, which in turn tends to make it harder to cope with all the busyness and stress of everything that's happening.

Remember, make sure you're too busy not to pray, than too busy to pray... Don't have to take a long time, but take some quality time to chill with God.

not a big fan of Acronym's, but here's one...
Being
Under
Satan's
Yoke

Don't let your busyness crowd out God. :-)

God bless ya mate,
Chris will be praying for you... Or i'll beat him with the bicycle tire he has sitting in his room... (how wierd)

z said...

Agapay for your sis mate,
or was it fileo ahh lol i forgot what one is what soo basically i hope she gets all clear... and thingz will get better they haveto !!! Anyway l8a mate

SuperTiph said...

I hate exam time, I can't update song you guys.

Level 3

Ponyb said...

Jacque.

Ponyb said...

how didnt you know?

Luke said...

You one eighty kids are funny.

I'm at uni trying to get this big giant fast Mac computer to bounce a protools session to disk without crashing due to overcompression on one of the drum tracks.

Anyway.

That's one of the less glamorous sides of doing music. Good luck choosing what to do next year, maybe one day I'll tell you my story of grade 12.

Or maybe I won't.

:) Luke H, your friendly neighbourhood old person.

SuperTiph said...

"No man, just take it to protools."
"Is that something protools can fix? .....Nah man now you're making sound too pretty."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa....Lesley will get it.

Level 3

Nachmanke (chris' teddy) said...

Gee Luke... So you're the resident old person huh... I guess that makes me the dribbling grandpa in the nursing home... Although I do dribble a lot. Not real dribble most of the time, usually it's just verbal dribble, or would it be textual dribble when I'm typing on the interweb? There's a conundrum for you, although it's probably not going to be a terribly big conundrum because someone will give me an answer...

What's the word for verbal diarrhea when it's typing???