Monday, January 29, 2007

When Best Friends Collide

Welcome!
I got my mum a cute little sign for Christmas from a homewares store. It says "Relatives by appointment, Friends welcome".

I am so blessed. I can look around me at any given time and count innumerable things that God has given to me: food on my table, good health, the ability to be educated, a free nation, among many others. But one of the things that blows me away the most is the friends I have. They say that you cannot choose your family, but can choose your friends, and it's very true. I like to think that it works the other way too: your friends chose you. My friends, chose me. They chose me. How I've ended up with such people for whom I would do anything and everything possible to ensure the wellbeing, safety and continued blessing of, and they for me. The love involved is astonishing. I love these people, I would dare say that I would die for them, because God says "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends". I like to believe that I would do that (but I sure hope it never has to be put to the test!) because these guys and girls are the world to me. The little events that led to me meeting, befriending and forming relationships with my mates are all evidence of God's master plan for us all, and proof of His boundless love for us. This post is a brief tribute to the God-given gifts my friends are.

My Best Mate

The main man himself, Ryyarn. My comrade, you rock. I cannot picture a better person to be my brother-in-arms for the rest of my earthly life. I love ya mate. May your life be as blessed by me as mine is by you.

The Breadtangle (The Supertiph, Lerchy)

"By yourself you're unprotected. With a friend you can face the worst. Can you round up a third? A three-stranded rope isn't easily snapped" (Ecclesiastes 4v12, The Message). There ain't no nacho-loving, joke cracking pair of loonies that could possibly replace the preceptor and pet iguana. Breadtangle for life! I love you guys. Now who wants nachos?


The Boys (George, Carl, Lerchy, Ryan)

If when we grow up fellas, we have nights out "with the boys", you four are gonna be my "the boys". Through thick and thin, stick and stone I can see us holding out. Sure, life and God is gonna call us different ways no doubt, but regardless, you will always be the original "the boys" in my eyes. I love you boys. Deal with it.

The Centenary Connection Girls (Kirsty, Lisa, Sara, Kat)

Ain't much here to say except that each one of you rules like nobody else can. The long talks and conversations and whatnots that I have had the extreme joy to share with you all, the hours of laughing, the stupid plans, the hanging out, the humourous exchange of gifts at birthdays and Christmas...I love you girls. Friends till the end? I hope and believe so.

One80-Goers (Anybody and everybody)

It is everybody who ever has been and ever will go to One80 who made that place a second home to me. The community, the mateship, the crazy dares...nothing can match that in life. I hold all memories of One80 close to me, and will for always. I love you all.

Anybody else who is my friend, you rock too. Same goes for families of friends who put up with me, friends of friends, and pretty much anybody who is cool in my books. I could list some, but that means I'll leave some out so 'til next time, transmission end.

Ponybutt.

10 comments:

Sara said...

Well that is certainly true mister. Except you managed to choose THE WORST picture of the centenary connection girls ever. But I guess I remember that little "hairdressing" session. Quite fun actually. Yeah and we think you're a small bit cool too Ponybutt! But only a small bit...
*saras army salute*

Lerchy said...

Ye r spot on sean@ and knew you had to use the 3 stranded rope refence Tiphs one wise preceptor and hope us "boys" stay the boys george and i'll be finished school soon and we'll all be mature(ish) adults so till then we have time to be unmature

SuperTiph said...

You'll be proud to know that I ate the biggest plate of nachos in the world last night at the Putnam Diner with the young adults from Stanwich Congregrational Church (the place I intend to keep going). It was the bomb. I needed you two to help me eat it though, it was a staggering amount of nachos.

Glad you like the Bible verse I found us. You guys are the background for my phone (I took a photo of our photo, the one you two gave me for Christmas).

Buddies are the best, and I count the days to when I'm back home and hanging around with you all again 350-something.

Tigers in a Cheese Song (my new sign off, since water restrictions don't exist here).

Ponyb said...

is stanwich pronounced "stan-itch"? i mean, greenwich is pronounced "gren-itch", so...

SuperTiph said...

No, it's "Stan - wich" like sandwich. On second thought, everyone should now pronounce it "san - nich". They just should.

Tigers in a Cheese Song

Lerchy said...

mmm... sandwhich and i'm glad you like your christmas present i never got a thank you from the present i spearheaded

Ponyb said...

you know what seperates the breadtangle from normal people? a cool name, nachos and a pet iguana.

Lerchy said...

aight great post sean@ but update is in need!

Ponyb said...

says mr "i update every blue moon". i'm working on it. sheesh. i have other stuff to do ya know...like eating, sleeping, nibbling, dozing, snoozing and chewing my cud.

SuperTiph said...

Pony, you have to tell me which tribe names you decided on.

Tigers in a Cheese Song