Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Time Has Come, The Walrus Said

To talk of many things,
of shoes and ships
and ceilingwax
Of cabbages and kings!

Well, if you didn't know by now, I'm officially enrolled into Griffith University. I am doing the course with what may possibly be the longest title, EVER.

Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Arts in Criminology & Criminal Justice.

Basically, I think it's just a mixture of SOSE and legal studies, albeit at a university level as opposed to a high school level. But, still, the first semester or so looks a tad boring, but oh well. Just gotta stick it out for the more interesting stuff later on! I hope to use the qualification that it brings to join either the Queensland Police Service or the Australian Federal Police later on in life, in my early-mid twenties. Pretty crazy.

It's a whole new chapter of life, and I'm looking forward to it a lot. Which is odd, 'cause if you'd asked me anytime up until the last few months of school last year, I would've said "I don't wanna go to uni." Why? Well, the idea of 3-4 MORE years of study didn't appeal much, nor did the debt I'd be in once I finished. I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to go. But all of a sudden one Sunday at church, I just realised in a snap-flash of understanding: I want to be a police officer. So I changed my QTAC junk around, and now I'm on my way!

A new journey in my life is unfolding. What new thing has God got for you this year? Where is he leading you now? Tiph, you are not allowed to answer with the obvious :-P

End.

5 comments:

SuperTiph said...

If I don't answer, your comment number sits at an all time high of nil.

I saw real snow, and caught a snowflake on my tongue. That is my story.

NYC says, 'hi'

Anonymous said...

Oh congrats sean!

I'm really not sure where on earth I'm headed. Basically i'm just leaving it all up to god, cause i have not a clue what i wanna do or where i wanna go.

The most i know is i wanna go to bible college at some stage, possibly my first year out of school, but apart from that, i dont know.

Anonymous said...

well i am one of the few weirdos that have known as long as i can remember.. i have just always known that i wanted to be a primary school teacher. however, i also have a vague plan of going back and doing post grad study when i am about 40/45 (a long way away, i know) and doing something along the lines of child welfare type stuff, caus everyone knows that old teachers just go out of date... lol... thats it for now, and everyone join me in a round of applause for sean's figuring out of what he wants to do....*clap clap clap*

Anonymous said...

*clap clap clap*

Anonymous said...

Channels 34 and 39 play season 6 of Full House!!! Not much this week though, they have a Roseanne marathon (hey I can handle that, more 90s TV). I also watched A - Team yesterday. Can you believe with 120 odd channels I cannot find a single episode of the Simpsons? Futurama and Family Guy, but no Simpsons. What am I going to do?

I saw a squirrel