Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Prayer (Well, One Of Them Anyway)

'Ello 'Ello

Much as we all have, I've been places I wish I never went, I've committed atrocities I wish I never did, I've spoken things I wish I never said...life is like that, isn't it? I've fallen in with the wrong crowds at school many a time. I've lashed out at the innocent because of my own problems. I've Looked God in the eyes and spat on his face. But still...He is there for me.
This is a little prayer that I run through my mind often, throwing my life up to God and smiting my chest in tears...but He always shows the grace I need, the love I desire and the strength to help me back onto my feet, to face the next day, one step at a time. It's from a song, but that doesn't matter. It means to me what it means.

I've debauched and deceived, and destroyed families...
I've taken all and given none,
And received judgement from the objective eye of a gun.
I'm guilty, it's true, but remorseful, no less.
I'm sorry! What becomes of me, but death deserved, received?
What of a crooked man's desperate plea seeking The Good Judge's mercy?
He loved the loveable and the unlovely,
The decadent and the holy.
He made a way for the pope and he made a way for me...


Take my all, Lord. Transform me, mould me, and use me for your purpose. Unleash my potential to affect this world and my generation. Unfold your plans for my life. Strengthen me daily, call me home when I turn my back, and love me like you always do. God, take my all and let it be, consecrated, all for thee. You have brought me thus far in my life, out of death and into life, I want to know you.

God, purge me of sin.
Return me to you.
Make the rest history.
Be my future.


Amen.

5 comments:

SuperTiph said...

It's just one of those times where you have everything to say, but restricting it to words seems so ridiculous. We'll either not use enough words to do it justice, or use to many and lose the meaning. Thankfully, God hears the unspoken prayers.

Anonymous said...

That reminded me so much of the verse "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths"

Someone gave that verse to me just before i went to fiji when i was really nervous. I thought it was so cool that all we have to do is let go of our understanding (which is good for me coz i dont understand much that easily) and acknowledge god and leave your life in his hands, and he will give you all the understanding you need. Anyway hope you're having fun at one80, i better not be grounded next week!

that is all.

Anonymous said...

r u grounded as well sara? y r u grounded? is half ur family grounded?

Ponyb said...

it seems to be the bane of the byrne family, doesnt it lisa?

Anonymous said...

yeah, sean it sorta does...poor byrnes...and sorry for not commenting directly on ur blog, I had read it ages ago, and thought I'd commented, but obviously not, i dont really remember what I had wanted to say anymore, but i think it had something to do with just how good it is that God will forgive us for the things we have done... but im at a bit of a loss for words this morning.. so ill just leave it there....